Because it is, hands down, the best time of day to get your freak on. Now, I’m not saying EVERY morning is a morning sex morning, god no. Sometimes you’ve just got to snooze until the last possible minute and then go to work in the shirt you slept in. But say, on a weekend, when you don’t need to be up and about, morning sex is the actual best. Here’s why.
1. You’re probably already naked. And even if you do always sleep in pjs like me, they’re very, very easy to get off. None of that trying to unhook your bra in the least ungraceful way possible.
2. You get to stay in bed longer. Who in their right, human mind would ever say that was a bad thing?
3. Your day will just be better because of it. The endorphins and oxytocin will put you in such a good mood, your colleagues will think you’re still pissed.
4. There are no “I’m too full/tired” excuses. Sex at night is all well and good, but it hinges on a delicate balance of factors like not eating too much and not being absolutely shattered. First thing in the morning, you’re neither nursing a food baby nor nodding off in front of The One Show.
5. You’re more likely to be sober. Unless you’ve been on a giant bender the night before, morning sex equals sober sex. Sober sex is more intimate and it feels better (your genitals aren’t numbed by alcohol – go you!). Plus, you’ll actually remember it.
6. It’s when you have the most energy. You’ve literally been sat on your arse for eight hours so will have the energy levels of a puppy bounding through a field.
7. If you’re banging a guy, he’ll last longer. Testosterone levels in dudes are at their highest in the morning because they’ve been saving it up all night – this means he’ll probs be able to have sex for longer. Hallelu!
8. Brekkie will taste even better. Sure, I have no science to back this one up. But after a morning of sexing and snuggling, it feels like you deserve pancakes!
9. You can see everything. If you wait until night fall to get jiggy with it, it’ll be dark right? In the morning, with the sun streaming through the blinds, you get to see your sex partner in all their glory. Hot AF.
10. You can’t beat that natural smell. Love your partner’s humanly scent? It’s obvs going to be at its best in the morning pre-shower.
11. You can do the laziest position ever and not feel remotely bad about it. Spooning? Mish? Anything goes when it’s 6am.
12. You’re not remotely stressed. You know those evenings where the idea of so much as looking at someone else’s genitals makes you want to vomit? You’re so incredibly stressed from the day’s BS and have one thousand things on your mind, getting naked and clearing your head long enough to have an orgasm is the last thing you can physically do. In the morning none of this is an issue – you are chill queen.
13. You’ve got bragging rights for the rest of the day. Why not spend the next eight hours pissing your colleagues right off by telling them how awesome your morning sex was. They’ll hate the TMI but you will feel smug as anything.